Thursday, February 21, 2008

We're Back!

Well we made it home last night from our trip to the sunny state of AZ! We had a great trip. The kids got to run around outside and play which in February is rare for us. I will post all our pics tomorrow, but I just wanted to update my love list a little bit since I didn't post at all while I was gone.

13. I love taking car seats on the airplane! That is a trick I never knew, but we tried it and it worked like a charm. No more chasing down antsy kids for four hours.
14. I love watching my kids play with their cousins. Rylynn and Carter loved playing with their cousin Thais. I'm so sad we don't live closer.
15. I love seeing family that we love and miss.
16. I love the sun! It was 75 degrees the last two days we were in AZ, and we just soaked up all the sun we could get. Even on winter days in Cleveland, when I wake up to sunshine it makes me happy. It was so sunny and beautiful this morning and it got gray in the afternoon, but I have learned that you just need to appreciate those moments of sunshine while they last!
17. I love my parents. I have amazing parents who have done so much for me. While we were in AZ my brother and I were reminiscing about the songs our parents used to sing to us as children and how we now sing those same songs to our kids. It inspired me to come home and look through our Monson Family Song Book. This is a book my parents put together for each of us one Christmas of all the songs they sang to us as kids, including all the songs my Dad wrote. He wrote a song for each of his children and a few for our Mom. He also wrote several others about vacations we went on as a family and other life experiences. I love how intentional my parents are about creating memories and strong relationships in our family. They are such amazing examples to me and I love them both more than I can ever put into words. They inspire me to be better.

I will continue the catch up tomorrow because it is 11:30p and Rylynn is still awake! Ahh. I think she is having a hard time readjusting to East coast time.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Welcome home, even though it's to snow!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Yeah! We really did miss you guys (Olivia kept asking if Rylynn was home yet), even though we were way jealous about you getting to be in sunny weather! I heard Rylynn a little after 10pm, though, and remembered how hard it was for my kids to get back on schedule. Can't wait for the pictures!

Jana said...

I'm jealous you got to be in the warmth! It sounds like you guys had fun!