Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fun at Granny and Grandpa's

This summer we have been bouncing back and forth between the cabin, my parent's house in St. George, and Garrett's dad's house in Salt Lake. It has been so much fun to see everyone. The kids love being at Granny and Grandpa's house because that means they get to see Daddy every night! They also love all the animals in the house. They have a cat named Nala, a big dog named Molly, and a giant goldfish. Garrett's sister is visiting too with her big dog named Dakota. So the house is very full! Carter is usually trying to ride on Molly's back like a horse. So I don't know how much Molly actually likes the kids, but they sure love her. Another fun thing at Granny's is the climbing tree. Every day around 5pm, the kids and I go out to the front yard and watch for daddy's car. The kids get so excited when he gets home and he has to hurry and change so they can climb all over him and run around outside. They love it when Daddy climbs the big tree and I hoist them up to sit with him. Rylynn loves swinging from the branches too!

One of their favorite things to do with Grandpa is to eat popcorn at night and watch Grandpa through pieces to the dogs. Carter gets so excited to see the dogs jump up and catch it in their mouths.

We are close to some of my cousins too so we have been able to visit them and hang out with their kids Mason and Max. We went to a place called Kangaroo Zoo with them that the kids loved! It is a huge place with tons of blow up bouncy castles and slides. I didn't get tons of pictures because we were too busy running around and sliding down giant slides. I did get a couple of Carter playing in the kid areas. We all had a blast!

There was a big concession stand at the kangaroo zoo so all the kids were quite hopped up on sugar. Carter a few times ran off for a couple minutes and everytime I would find him eating some kids food. One time, I came around a corner looking for him and I saw a mom handing out skittles to her kids and Carter was right there with all the other kids with his hand out to her waiting for his skittles. It was a little embarrassing and I was worried the other mother's didn't think I ever fed him! So I gave in and bought them some candy. Then they went missing for a minute again and I found them in a little room that they use for birthday parties enjoying their candy. I think they liked the room so much because they had teeny tables and chairs. They were from IKEA and so cute!

It was a great day!

6 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

How fun to see all your relatives! That cracks me up about Carter eating other people's food. We definitely need a place like Kangaroo Zoo around here. I can't believe how long Rylynn's hair is getting! Holy cow! We sure do miss you guys though and can't wait for you to all come back.

Draper's said...

That was a super fun day!! I love Carter, he was so funny. He is so cute! All he had to do is stick out his hand and he would get whatever he wanted.

Kelli said...

So where exactly is this kangaroo zoo place? Looks like a lot of fun! And I wouldn't be embarrassed about Carter asking for candy, it just shows he knows where the good stuff is =)

ssh said...

fun! fun! fun! i think garrett looks so much like his dad!

Elise said...

Wow, your blog is just one fun thing after another! What fun trips! I loved the Cabin and all the stories, Carter falling in the river would have scared me to death, good thing he's so strong!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Wow what a fun summer Rach! Your kiddos look so much alike, they are darling. Carter is getting so big! Fun that you spend time with both your families!