Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy birthday Papa!


We got to go back to the cabin for one more week and while we were there we celebrated my Dad's birthday! My mom and I planned a big surprise since we knew he would be alone down in St. George on his actual birthday. My brother was in Utah for his wife's family reunion, so we arranged it so they would drop in on Sunday and surprise him and we could all celebrate together. It was a little hard convincing Papa to hang around until they got there because he wanted to leave that day and get back home before Monday. But my mom and I are good at making up excuses, so he stuck around till they arrived and we all had a great time!

My mom made his favorite enchiladas and I made him a german chocolate cake which is also a fave! The kids had so much fun and all day before my brother got there, Rylynn kept asking if she could sing Happy Birthday yet!

The kids had a great time helping Papa blow out his candles too! Rylynn and Carter had a lot of fun with their cousin Thais. They especially love the new swings Nana put in this year for them. After the kids went to sleep we all stayed up way too late talking. My dad usually goes to sleep at 9:30 at the latest, and he lasted till 12:30am! Way to go Dad! Garrett and my dad were going to leave at 5:30 the next morning and Garrett fell asleep around 2am. It was so much fun to hang out together. I just love my family so much! I am so happy that we got to be here to celebrate with my Dad. We love you Papa!

6 comments:

Draper's said...

Love the pictures of the kids at the cabin. See you next week!

Happy Home said...

I love it when you post! I have been thinking about you a lot these past few weeks, wondering what you would be doing if you were in England. Your summer sounds so fun. You are making lots of great memories. I am sure, however, that you will be happy to be back in your own house when all the fun is over.

I pre-ordered Breaking Dawn! I can't wait.

Summer said...

How nice to get to spend this time with your family! Being so far away makes times like this a little more special! Cute pics and fun memories!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I have to say, I'm a little mad that you all aren't going to be home until August 1st. I'm sure Olivia would second that opinion if she had any concept of time. Anyway, I'm not really mad, but kind of :) Cute pictures! It looks like you had a lot of fun on the Fourth and hanging out with all your family. Have more fun for a few more weeks and then COME HOME! Keep updating us though!

Danielle said...

We had so much fun with all of you at the cabin. It really is an amazing place! Thais sure misses her cousins..tell them hi for her :O)

Let the Good Times Roll said...

I love surprises, how fun! Great job on the cake, it looks delic!