Carter loved his monkey costume and left the head part on the whole night! The little monkey paw mittens on the other hand lasted about 2 minutes.
Rylynn was originally going to be Sleeping Beauty for Halloween this year, but when we were shopping for stuff to make my costume at JoAnns on the day of the party, she saw this ballerina costume and loved it! It was 60 percent off so I gave in and bought it.
Garrett and I went as Bella and Edward from Twilight. Garrett's costume was way cooler than mine. He even put icepacks in his coat pockets so that his hands would be ice cold when he shook people's hands. Garrett and I usually don't spend too much time on our costumes so it was a fun change! It paid off too because we ended up winning the best adult costume prize at the party!
They had a little parade for all the kids to show off their costumes. Rylynn loved walking around with her friend Emma the Ladybug and holding hands. They were so cute!
Daddy took the Carter monkey around.
And sweet baby Reagan looked adorable and slept through all the craziness. Aw to have a newborn again:)
The kids were very excited about all their candy and had a great time.
The next event was on the night before Halloween. We had the Poyfairs and Ben and Molly come over for a pumpkin carving party. The kids painted their pumpkins since we don't really want to let them loose with knives just yet.
They got plenty messy with the paint and had a great time.
Garrett carved a slightly inappropriate Obama pumpkin which we did not display on the front porch for fear of being egged. It was funny though.
Ben carved a cool bat pumpkin and Adam carved a skull pumpkin. We ended up with some pretty fancy carvings this year.
Carissa brought all the fixins for carmel apples that were amazing! They were as good as the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory apples. We rolled them in nuts, crushed oreos, chocolate, and sprinkles. We also had yummy apple cider and roasted pumpkin seeds.
This is Rylynn's crazed sugar face! We've been seeing a lot of that lately:) It was a great way to get ready for Halloween night!
9 comments:
Oh my goodness, I am dying over your costume. You guys look hillarious!!! And your kiddos are darling as always.
Ok - I know I have probably asked you this a million times, but I don't remember your answer - do you guys know where you are going to go after Gare graduates? He graduates in May, right? Any chance you'll be back in Utah? If you are in Utah, anywhere up near Ogden?
1.) Your costumes are way funny. good job!
2.) you're making me miss cleveland! At least the having friends part. looks like you and poyfairs had fun....we still have no friends.
Wow you guys! I actually had that idea to be Bella and Edward on Halloween day, and then I thought, aw it's too late. Way to be ambitious. The kiddos are adorable as usual
Okay, that was the best blog post!! I love the Obama pumpkin by the way, and my husband is jealous that he didn't think of it first. We actually could have gotten away with that here!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR COSTUMES. I hope you don't mind that I emailed your pic to a few friends who would appreciate it. I'm reading book 2 now. It is such a fun read!
I think I ended up looking more like Edward Scissorhands than Edward Cullen, but either way...they're both freaks!
Rach - suggestions... YES! Spence is in talks with a company out of Ogden, we will know more on Tuesday. It looks like he will either get a job with them in Ogden or Arizona. If he gets one in Ogden, I would love you guys to come move up north, in N SL, or Bountiful, it would be so fun to be able to live close to each other! I'll let you know what we find out... plus, isn't up that area closer to Garrett's fam? But, either way it would be fun to be in the same state with you guys at least after all these years! :)
i love that you were bella & edward & that garrett supported you in the costume department! i miss cleveland, too! love all of your posts...finally catching up!
You just made my day! Bella and Edward?!? You have an amazing husband who would actually dress the part with you. Yea for Twilight month! I just gave a friend here the Twilight series. She has 5 weeks to read them because then I leave and my books come with me. Halloween just became so much cooler with this post!
Rachel your costume is so perfect! I love it.
Post a Comment