Today was quite an eventful day! Garrett and I had to wake up at 6:30am this morning to go and have Garrett's wisdom teeth removed. Maybe 6:30 isn't that early for some of you, but I haven't gotten up that early many times since early morning seminary. Oh those were good times! Anyway, for some reason my kids always know when I have to get up early so they make the night before especially horrible. Not really, but it always seems to work out that way. Carter woke up at 12:30 and then he was pretty much up from 1am-3am screaming at us, getting out of his crib, and trying to break down the door. I went in there about ten times and I'm pretty sure Garrett went in there just as many times as me. So after that wonderful night of sleep I thought for sure he would sleep in and we could sneak out in the morning without waking him up. (No we did not leave our children alone, our neighbors downstairs had the monitor on and listened for them.) But no, at 6:45 we heard Carter wide awake and ready for action. So we dropped him off with Carissa and headed to the dental school. The procedure went well and Garrett seemed surprisingly alert and unaltered when I went back to get him. The kids actually did really well being calm and gentle with him for the most part. Carter kept saying to me Daddy, iew and then he would point to his teeth. Iew is apparently how he says owee nowadays. It was really cute. Garrett did not do so well for the first couple of hours after we got home, but he has been steadily improving as the day has gone on. I told him as we were driving to his appointment that I found it humorous that we have both been present for this exciting event in each other's lives. Garrett and I met after my senior year in high school and he drove through the night from Washington DC to my house in Chicago area to comfort me when I was recovering from my wisdom teeth operation. A very funny story is that our first kiss came when I had swollen cheeks and ice packs wrapped around my head. I told him today now he might understand why that wasn't the most enjoyable first kiss ever. Oh well it was definitely memorable. So he nursed me through wisdom teeth recovery and now 8 years later, I am doing the same for him.
Random update on the kids. Carter is loving Elmo's world lately and whenever the theme song comes on at the end that says "that's Elmo's world" he starts shrieking and the first time he did it I thought he was crying, but actually he is trying to sing along. It is hilarious. He is saying tons of new words lately. He loves to say jump and then do a huge jump for us, usually off of the couch or some other dangerous area. He also says love you which comes out "wuv ooh", thank you mama, which sounds like datedoo mama, please which sounds like pwee, and he is obsessed with the book goodnight moon so he always says moon and stars which sounds like stah. He is so much fun right now. Another favorite thing he does lately is that he is obsessed with Dr. Suess's Green Eggs and Ham. He calls it "ham". We then ask him, "Carter do you like ham?" He shakes his finger no while he says enthusiastically "I DO!" It is so funny. He also loves to watch the ballad of Bilbo baggins on you tube and calls it bibo. BTW, if you haven't ever seen it, it is very strange, hilarious, and creepy all at the same time. I highly recommend it!
Rylynn just had her preschool class pictures taken. We decided to curl her hair for picture day and she got so excited because she got to have "princess hair". She kept saying, "it looks just like sleeping beauty's!" She is loving preschool and having so much fun with her friends these days. She loves to have play dates, and almost the entire time she has a friend over, they play sleeping beauty and dress up in princess clothes. I actually walked by when she and her little friend were playing yesterday and over heard them quoting the witch word for word from the movie. They got so excited when they came to the dying part and then Carter was of course the handsome prince who had to come kiss Rylynn on the hand to wake her from her sleep. Carter loves playing along with Rylynn and her friends. She is good at including him too for the most part. She also loves teaching Carter new words and sounds of letters. I over heard them the other day in the kitchen and Rylynn would say, "Carter can you say Dada?" And he would repeat the words back to her. Anytime Carter sees any letter he says ta, ta, ta, or sssss because those are the only two letter sounds Rylynn has been able to teach him. She is such a great big sister.
She also loves drawing and coloring for hours! Garrett buys these little notebooks for school and the second he brings them home she finds them and draws on every single page. Garrett loves it though, so he keeps on buying them. She has turned into quite the little artist which is funny since she used to never sit still for longer than 5 seconds when it came to artwork.
So that is the Hall update! Oh and randomly, I made up a yummy shrimp recipe that I really liked tonight although it was kind of wasted since Garrett couldn't eat anything and my kids don't love shrimp. Oh well. If you are interested in the recipe check out the Monson Recipe Blog on my sidebar. It is the most recent entry. I love making up new recipes. It is really the only way that I think I am creative.
7 comments:
wisdom teeth...the WORST!! hope the recovery goes well! on a different note, i LOVE Goodnight Moon, i can almost repeat it word for word. it's my favorite to read to natalie's boys.
WASTED?!? I like to think Garrett's misfortune is my gain. He has to get more teeth extracted so that I can have some good shrimp dishes.
Just make sure Garrett knows not to wave at people in the middle of his extractions :)
what a fun update! rylynn and rebecca ARE TWINS! when i got my new planner last year somehow she got into it & wrote on most of the pages & on a few of the months put marks on each day of the calendar for the month...of course i could not throw it away knowing how funny that was! that's great garrett still buys the notebooks & doesn't mind.:) good luck with the wisdom teeth recovery!:)
by the way, twilight is sold out for this weekend...i'm going to try see it next week sometime! please do a blog post on it 5 seconds after you see it!:)
My parents' first kiss was while my dad was all swollen and taped up from his wisdom teeth extraction.
I loved this post. Made me laugh.
By the way, the square jaw looks good on Garrett :) And I just looked at your recipe blog and I want to make like 20 things on there. Ok, the pumpkin cheesecake? YUM
Miss you!
Wisdom Teeth that totally bits!! I have to say you have the cutest little kids I love that Rylynn thought having her hair curled was princess hair that is so stinkin sweet. Hope Garrett is fully recovered for Thanksgiving Feast!
Post a Comment