Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hats, Cleaning, and FHE


Carter has been a little obsessed with his baseball hat lately. Garrett felt very strongly about getting Carter a Seattle Mariners hat for Christmas this year, so we found a baby one to match Daddy's. At first Carter would only leave it on for a minute or so, but this week he has been all about his hat. Since Carter was wearing his hat Rylynn of course had to wear her hat too.

I love how the hat makes his little ears poke out like elf ears! He loves that there is a beesball(baseball) and a stah(star) on his hat.

Hers is NOT a baseball hat, it is a pink princess hat, of course!

The kids thought it was so cool when they wore their hats just like Daddy. Doesn't Rylynn's hat go so well with her outfit? She wants to wear her ballet leotard everyday lately!


Rylynn has been on a cleaning spree lately which is just fine with me. She always wants to help me wash the dishes and her favorite thing to do is to wipe off the table. It usually turns into scrubbing the walls and the cupboards too. I have to say Rylynn is a little me and this just proves it even further. I have always loved cleaning and organizing (I know it's weird). Rylynn gets so excited after we clean her room and loves having everything in it's exact place. One time her friend came over right after she had cleaned her room and her friend came out of her room looking very sad and said that Rylynn wouldn't let her play with anything. I went in to check on the situation and saw Rylynn standing very protectively in front of her book shelf with all her toys. I asked her what the problem was and she said she didn't want to play with anything because it would mess up her room. After reassuring her that we would clean it all up again after her friend left, she reluctantly stepped aside and let her friend grab some toys. She is so funny! I remember doing the same thing in my room when I was little only I was protecting my stuff from my messy little sister (who has since become very neat).


We have talked about taking the kids to Chuck E Cheese's for awhile but we have never gotten around to it, so finally on Monday we decided to take the kids for FHE. The kids loved it, but I have to say, that place is a little more ghetto than I remembered it being. First of all the food was way overpriced and gross, but the real disappointment was that there was no ball pit!! That was the best part when I was a kid! To add to it, we got our cup of tokens and decided to play a couple of games while we were waiting for our mediocre food to arrive. Garrett set the cup down on the ground for a minute to take off Rylynn's shoes so she could climb through the tubes. Next thing we know some kid stole our entire cup. We had seriously been there for 2 minutes and used two tokens before we got ripped off! We went and explained it to the guy in the front and he gave us the look like, "yeah that happens all the time here!" but luckily he gave us more tokens. Since I didn't feel comfortable putting anything down unattended after that, I didn't get to take many pictures. Carter's favorite things were the tunnels and slides and the basketball game. Rylynn loved the tunnels too and just running around mostly. She also liked the water gun racing game. It was a fun family memory and the kids have been asking to go back ever since. Another complaint I have is against the cheap toys that you get with your tickets! They were so lame. Why did I used to think those were the coolest things ever when I was a kid? I guess your tastes change a bit as you get older. Oh well, the kids didn't seem to mind that their toys fell apart the next day.

5 comments:

ssh said...

don't worry rach, i'm a cleaning/organizing ocd addict too. it somehow always gets the best of me. the kiddies look so cute with the hats!

Jess said...

Nothing better than Chuck-up-ee-cheese in the Ghetto!! Gotta love it! And congrats on #3!!

Jana said...

They're so cute!!! I am so excited that Garrett applied to Boise firms! That would be so much fun. When does he find out?? Oh, and Eric responded to your comment on our blog. Miss ya!

Mom Marilynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom Marilynn said...

I loved the family hat picture and Carter clutching his dollars! About the Chuckeecheese musings - I think you'll find that most things aren't as awesome as when you were the kid viewing the world! It's to bad we only get that perspective for such a teensy fraction of our entire life! It's pretty magical!