Friday, May 22, 2009

Love Bugs!

Rylynn's preschool unit right now is ants, so we have had a lot of talk about ants and bugs in general around our house lately. The other day Rylynn's friend went to smash an ant and she freaked out and said, "don't smash it I am learning about ants in preschool right now and miss Suzanne says that they have families just like us!" It was so funny. Her friend was like well I think they're yucky!

Aside from ants, my kids are obsessed with worms. Rylynn has always called them squirmy wormies, so naturally that is what Carter calls them. Although when he says it, it comes out scummy gummies. I love it! So they dig in the dirt everyday and pick up every big rock they can find to see the wormies. Rylynn has also recently learned about potato bugs which she loves. And since they are usually under the rocks with the worms Carter now loves them too.

So today I was pushing Carter on the swing and he was asking about the scummy gummies and then he got so excited and said, "mom I see a mashapatoe bug!" Mashapatoes is how my kids say mashed potatoes. I totally laughed. So the little rolley polleys (as I called them when I was a kid) are now called mashed potato bugs according to Carter.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness, I just read up on your blog and realized that I am very behind on your lives! First of all, I love your hair. It does look very summery and you still look good late at night :O) Carter, looks adorable! The haircut makes him look even more like a little boy. That is so exciting Garrett graduated! What an amazing accomplishment for you both :O) I would love to talk to you when you get the chance...it's been a while!

Mom Marilynn said...

I love the mashapatoes bugs, and I can just hear Rylynneys voice explaining that ants have families just like hers! So cute!