Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Congrats to the Grad!

It's official, my wonderful husband has graduated from Law school! We are so proud of him! Unfortunately he is very unceremonious and refused to walk. He has never walked from any school in his life, not high school, or college so why start now? Well that's what he thought but I really wanted him to walk so we could remember where we all were when he graduated and all that our little family has gone through to get here. I told Garrett I at least needed a picture of him with us in his cap and gown but he refused to pay the 300 dollars(!!) to rent the robes so he was planning on borrowing a friends just for the pics. However, he had to rush off to Utah to work for a few weeks on this trial he has worked on over the past two years so that didn't happen either. So we have no pictures to document this exciting event, however, we do have plenty of pictures of him excelling at his most important and favorite accomplishment of being the best dad in the world! He lives to be with our little family and we are so grateful that he is willing to do whatever it takes to provide for us. We love you so much honey! Thanks for all your hard work and all you do for our family, we are so proud of you!!


6 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

I am DYING laughing at Garrett not walking! I better check his blog to see his "opinion" on that one.:)

Anyway, congratulations on what lies ahead for you guys. I know it can be quite unsettling not knowing when/where/how/etc but as everyone has told me countless times "Things are going to work out." And somehow they do! I don't know why/how but they do. I'm sure you'll find a great doctor/midwife & if you end up needing to come to Utah to have that baby, well, I know just the place!!!:)

Good luck & keep us posted! I can't believe it's already time for you to leave Shaker Heights! Bittersweet of course. You'll love WA though.:)

Alison Day said...

Well, here is to boring husbands who don't care about what their wives want (to see them GRADUATE!) Just kidding. Just glad to be done, eh? The read celebration will be to see them admitted to the bar! We'll both have to make sure we get LOTS of pictures of that event!

congrats Garrett!

Jess said...

Congratulations!!

Mom Marilynn said...

Congratulations to the graduate! We are so proud of him too and I have a little something to give him when I see him again to acknowledge his discipline and hard work for three years. I reiterate Carrie Anne's sentiment, "it will all work out" because you are doing all you can do, and the Lord will do the rest!!! Also congrats to mom for her commitment to his success. It takes you both to succeed, for sure!

ssh said...

congrats to you all!!!! so is washington state a for sure?

Ben and Laurie said...

That's so funny--Ben was the same way and I used the same excuse of wanting pictures. He said they are some of the most expensive pics he has ever gotten! I bet it feels great to be at the end of this road!! Congrats!