Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Isn't it Ironic?

I think it is a cruel trick of nature that the last couple weeks that I am able to sleep before I have a newborn waking up all night, I can't sleep for more than 2 hours straight anyway! I am officially uncomfortable and ready for this baby to come out. Last night I got up three times to pee, not to mention I got up once with each of my kids, and then when I was sleeping, I was either too uncomfortable or hot to actually sleep. This baby is having lots of fun kicking me in the ribs all night and rolling all around the second I get into bed. Maybe it is actually nature's way of getting me prepared to have no sleep, but I would prefer to have my last few weeks without a newborn to involve some wonderful much-needed rest! Oh well. The other ironic thing I have been thinking about is that I have been so worried for months that this baby is going to come early because if he does, Garrett may be in Seattle taking the Bar. However, now that I am so done with being pregnant all I ever do now is say how much I want this baby to come early! This of course stresses Garrett out to no end, but at this point I kind of think having him not be there wouldn't be so bad as long as I can get this baby out of me. So those are my ramblings for the day. Is it just me or is pregnancy number three just longer and harder?

8 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Rach you poor thing! Lucky me all the fun things I have to look forward too! I was telling spence in bed the other night how uncomfortable I was and I still have 4 months left! LOL! ;) Good luck babe, I hope you can hang in there. Love ya. PS - Are there any Thorne's in your ward? You'll have to email me and tell me what ward and where you live cause my cousins are in town and I'll find out how close you are to them!

Draper's said...

You are so funny and honest! Number three is totally different than 1 and 2. You are almost there, Way to go!!

Jana said...

I'm sorry Rachel that end of pregnancy thing is NO fun!! He will be so cute it will all be worth it!! :)

Carissa Poyfair said...

I'd say it's more like trying to prepare you for the endless nights with a newborn. I don't think anything can prepare you for that, even if you have had kids before! I think we forget all that (labor, pushing, no sleep) in order to want to have more kids!

I hope you get some more sleep before the little one comes! I'm so excited for you! Have you picked out a name yet? Tell Gay Olivia says hi.

Alison Day said...

Yeah, I hear you! I can't believe I still have TWO months and wonder how on EARTH this baby is going to double in size! I don't remember either of my other two kids being as active as this one. I finally googled "when does a baby turn head down" today anxious for her to settle down a bit! Sometimes her rolls just HURT (but still fun to feel when I'm not trying to sleep). I guess I still have 4-5 more weeks until I get a head down baby (hopefully). I got your message and Emma was SO excited to hear Rylynn's voice! We will call you soon!

Mom Marilynn said...

It IS harder because you are so busy and tired just being a good mom to the two you already have. The last few weeks just seem to last FOREVER! The good news is that they don't LET babies go weeks overdue anymore! Thank heavens you know your baby will be here soon and even if you won't be sleeping much you will have your body back to yourself. I remember feeling like a hotel!

Danielle said...

Hang in there Rach! We can't wait to meet this beautiful boy.

Jess said...

Oh...I really don't miss that!! Good luck! It will all be over soon enough.