Sunday, December 20, 2009

Deck the HALLS!

I know, I'm so punny!  I get it from my father.  Anyway, we are in full "Halliday" mode here at the Hall house.  We are up to our eyeballs in goodies from friends and neighbors and have had way too many treats already!  We had our ward Christmas party and went to a few other parties at friends houses and had lots of fun making new friends and visiting with old ones.  We have all the Christmas shopping done and a little bit of the wrapping done.  I commented to my mom the other day that Christmas as a parent is much more work than as a kid.  I am so thankful I had such selfless, awesome parents who made Christmas so magical for me growing up.  So I am trying to do the same for my kids and not get to overwhelmed by all the work it takes to make these memories.  I am doing the neighbor gifts tomorrow with the kids and sadly this year we are not doing Christmas cards.  Moving, starting our own law firm, and having a new baby around are just a lot for me to juggle right now.  Look for a New Year's card instead, maybe:)  I love how the Christmas season is sooo busy, but so fun.  The kids and I have been dancing around the kitchen to Christmas music the last couple weeks and it has been so fun.  I love Christmas music!  So needless to say, I have been neglecting the blog this month as well as the camera.  But here are a few pictures to catch up.

These pics are from the tree lighting festival a couple weeks ago that the kids went to with Garrett.  They loved seeing Santa and eating candy canes and drinking hot chocolate!



They ran into Stacey and some of her kids there too!  Carter looks confused for some reason.



A couple nights later we made a gingerbread house and gingerbread people.  Rylynn was very proud of her gingerbread girl!



Carter was mostly interested in eating the candy and ate way too much!



Beckett watched the commotion and looked cute(as usual, I might be slightly biased though).



A work in progress, and for some reason we never did get a final result picture.  Probably because we got too busy with cleaning all the sugary mess off the kids and the house.  It was pretty much all eaten within two days anyway.



This is what you get when you are trying to unpack with crazy kids running around.  Yes those are lamp shades!



The craziest things keep them entertained for hours.  I need to remember that while Christmas shopping!



Three darling bugs in a rug!  I love that Rylynn has a queen sized bed and yet they choose to squeeze into Carter's toddler bed instead.



Rylynn had her pre-K Christmas concert on Friday.  As you can tell she was very excited to see her whole family show up to watch her!



She has been practicing the songs around the house all month and she did a great job in the performance.



The kids all got a turn to play jingle bells on the bells in small groups.  It was a great skill for them to learn because different  bells played different notes and they had to read a numbered board to know when to play their bell.  She was so intense about it every time it was her turn to play.  You could tell how seriously she took her part.  She did a great job!


There is no shortage of energy in this bunch!  This was the last song of the concert and they were so excited about it.  I should have known since Rylynn has been singing it for weeks at home.

  
After the concert they got to have a little party.  I made buttercream cupcakes with green buttercream frosting.  She was a big fan!  They had lots of yummy treats, she was in heaven.



Her teachers bought each student the book "Mooseletoe" for a Christmas present.  She was very excited when she opened it up.  She loves her teachers so much and has learned so many great things this year.



She loves to read to her baby brother!  Beckett always gets a kick out of Rylynn and her elaborate activities for him.  Everyday I find at least 2 "beds" set up for Beckett around the house.  Rylynn loves to make these little beds for him and then entertain him with some crazy activity or another.  She always tells me that she is "a great babysitter!"

8 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

oh sister i hear you! we have eaten WAY too many treats...all month long! you know it's bad when the kids wake up asking for goodies...so bad!
i love all of your great activities & celebrations. and i love that the kids are so easily entertained...why do we even buy toys?:)
have a wonderful christmas...hopefully my cards will get out this week...but i have sent new years cards a time or two........or 3. and let garrett know that i will make sure to write a long letter bragging about the children & the fact that they are going to harvard when they are 8 years old b/c they are so advanced.:) miss you guys!

Williams Post said...

Darling kids. You do have an excellant mother. You are alot like her. Keep up the great work!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

I love how good of friends Carter and Rylynn are, it is so cute, and that picture of the three of them in Carter's bed is so dang cute. Have a Merry Christmas this week!!!

ssh said...

reading that just made me exhausted. don't know how you have energy! loving the kiddies! i'm ready for more than 800 square feet 20 floors up. i'm ready for a linen closet! enjoy the space for me!

Draper's said...

I love all of your Holiday fun!! You kids are too cute!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Rylynn's preschool is so much cooler than Olivia's was! I am looking for an awesome one for Jack next year. Maybe we'll just move to Spokane :) Love the lamp pictures! Haha! Your kids are way self-entertaining!

Mom Marilynn said...

I love the video, Rylynn's adorable dress on her special program day, the snow flakes floating all over the Christmas traditions and festivities, the beautiful Christmas memories that you have preserved here forever. You may have thought we created magical memories, thank you for that, but you are doing a much better job recording them for your posterity!

Danielle said...

That is so sad Rylynn got sick Christmas eve! There is something about the Holidays that does that to everyone! It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Baby Beckett is changing so much...Tell him to slow down a minute for me!