My sister Marianne came to visit with her kids Nathan and Aria. We had a great time doing a fun Thanksgiving craft to entertain the kids while I cooked on Thanksgiving morning.
Carter's thankful Turkey. He can't smile because he is too busy devouring a fresh baked roll. The kids were begging to eat them all before we even made it out the door to dinner. I gave in and gave them each one to try while they were still hot!
Rylynn's Thankful turkey
The kids were soooo helpful with the packing can ya tell?
Especially these two goofballs!
This one too!

For the actual feast, we headed over to Garrett's cousin Stacey's house. I brought a bunch of food and Stacey had made a bunch of food so we had plenty to eat! We love them and had a great time stuffing ourselves and visiting and the kids loved playing together. The food was all delicious!

Stacey took a family picture for us to put in her "Thankful book". Every Thanksgiving she has the families that celebrate with her family fill out a "Thankful page" and then she takes a picture of them and puts it in her book so she can always remember who she spent Thanksgiving with and what they were thankful for that year. I think it is such a cute idea!

Marianne and Aria's Thankful book picture. Nathan was off napping during the picture. Too much turkey I guess:)

Our family tradition includes a Thanksgiving talent show. So we told Stacey and Geoff and they wanted to do it too. So the kids shared their funny talents and Marianne shared a poem project for school. Carter and darling Addie snuggled up for a picture during the talent show. We had a great visit with Marianne and the kids. Aunt Nanners, as we call her around here, was so nice to take the kids swimming at her hotel one day so we could pack and then to the fun park downtown the next day while we moved. It made a huge difference to have the kids be entertained with their cousins during the move. We were amazed at how many of our friends and ward members came out to help us move on Saturday. We thought since it was a holiday weekend, we would end up with no help, but the opposite was true. We had tons of help and the move went so fast! And now we are soooo THANKFUL for our new home!!
3 comments:
Such fun! I LOVE the "Thankful Book" idea! Those rolls looked AMAZING and HEUGE! I want one...or five!
I love the snow floating over the screen while looking at the adorable cousin pictures! You were so blessed to have each other and so many other kind people to help you!
i'm still finding the motivation to post about thanksgiving! looked like loads of fun! and i'm loving the new casa!!!!! ....so i know you must be more than loving it cause you live there!!
Post a Comment