Saturday, November 3, 2007

A day at the farmpark















Rylynn is in a co-op preschool with some friends from church. A week ago we took a fieldtrip to a farmpark in Kirtland. It was so much fun. We took a wagon ride to an apple cider demonstration which Rylynn loved because two horses pulled the wagon.



















We also got to milk a cow, pet sheep, pigs, and chickens, and see a sheep herding demonstration. Rylynn's one complaint was that she didn't get to ride on any animals!



















These are the pigs we got to pet. This tiny one was a day old when we were there. Rylynn is obsessed with Charlotte's Web right now which she calls Piggy spider movie so she was totally loving the pigs.



















While we were looking at this newborn pig we were talking about how cute and little it was. Then I pointed out the mother and said look how big and giant the mommy pig is. Then Rylynn responded, "that one's not so cute!" I laughed so hard, but I was thinking the same thing!

2 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Rach- I got to say, I am totally impressed. All of these blog entries and you've had your blog for less than a week! Great job, it is so fun to see your cute fam and to what you guys are up to. That little piglet is so cute! Ok, so I have to say that the picture of you putting on Rylynn's makeup just made me laugh. It reminded me of the time in London where you totally did that makeover on Jane! Such fun memories. I miss you! Did I already ask you this - are you guys going to be in Utah for Christmas?

Seriously... said...

OK, so i love the picture with the horse drawn wagon...because you captured me BEGGING the horse guy to take us back to our stroller where we got on the wagon. We ditched the cider making demo.

Great blog btw. I'll call you tomorrow about some enrichment stuff (i know you love talking enrichment on the phone).
k