Sunday, November 25, 2007

Out with November and in with December

So I don't have any exciting pictures to post today, but I wanted to give a quick Thanksgiving overview. We had a lot of fun. Our friends, the Andersons, invited us to their house with a few other families in the ward. There were 11 kids and they all ran around and had a blast! The Andersons have a great kids basement so Rylynn was entertained for hours, so much so that she had her first potty accident in public which was sad, but she recovered well. I must say I am thankful for good friends here in Cleveland to spend the holidays with.

No matter how old I am, I miss my family madly around the holidays. I especially missed my sister who is on a mission in Estonia right now. I am just so thankful for good friends, for a family that I love so much, for the blessings, as well as the trials of motherhood, a wonderful husband, the gift of the spirit, a healthy body, and a warm home to live in, and good food to eat! The Lord has blessed me so much and I love the month of November so that I can focus on how much I am grateful for in my life. So I will try to carry the spirit of gratitude into the upcoming Christmas season!

I love Christmas so much! We have been playing Christmas music non-stop ever since Thanksgiving because it brings me back to my childhood so much and I just love it, especially my new Josh Groban Christmas cd! I am especially excited for this Christmas because my parents are coming and it is the first Christmas that I am hosting at my house. I am a little stressed about living up to the expectations (mostly my own expectations) but I am getting so excited to see Rylynn this Christmas. She is at such a fun age when all the magic of Christmas comes alive. I can't wait to make cookies to leave out for Santa with her and to see her face on Christmas morning when she sees the tree and the presents. Holidays are just so much more fun with kids.

5 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

I totally agree with you...I love the Christmas season for all the same reasons! I'm glad you had such a great Thanksgiving with friends who are like family out there.:) That will be fun for you to host your parents! They'll love it because of your kids...it IS so much more fun with the kids, because they get so excited! Rebecca has been making up things she wants for Christmas...things that do not exist that Santa's elves are supposed to make for her. We'll see what happens.:)

Seriously... said...

I am actually shocked my kids have left my tree alone. I didn't put anything breakable at the bottom...but no one has really touched it. We'll see...i'm pretty sure one day i'll walk in and Parker will have toppled the thing over on himself :) Are you so excited for December 7th? I am :)

Jana said...

I went all Christmas wild tonight- decorated the whole house, made hot chocolate- I love it! And Lily was so excited too...it's so fun.
Where's your punch in the face blog?? :)

Yonker Family said...

There really is something about Christmas music that just takes you back. It's the only time you will ever find me listening to Mariah Carey, and only because my brother had her Christmas CD when we were growing up, it always brings back great memories. Cute blog:)

Carissa Poyfair said...

I know what you mean. I am so excited for Olivia to be excited this year since she now understands the concept of presents and Santa. We are so excited to set up cookies and milk and see Santa at the mall and stuff. Anyway, glad your Thanksgiving was fun!