Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our Second Family

For the past three years we have shared a multi-family house with our neighbors the Poyfairs. I still remember when I called Carissa to ask her about the house and I was shocked when she said she had a little girl just Rylynn's age and she was pregnant with a little boy at the same time that I was pregnant with Carter. I knew right away it was meant to be. Since then our kids have grown up together and they have become like family to us here in Cleveland.

Carissa and I have loved cooking together, making bows for our girls hair together, making jewelry, taking many trips to the zoo and the park and lots more. We have also loved sharing holidays and sunday dinners and date nights and just hanging out. Our time here would not have been the same without them in our lives. Last Thursday they packed up their huge truck and moved away and it was so hard to see them go.

I was crying when they left so of course Rylynn started crying because she hates it when I cry. But for the rest of the day she kept coming up to me and saying, "mom I am so sad that Olivia is gone." Rylynn was not even two when we moved here and Olivia had just turned two. Now they are four and almost five. They have done so much together and I don't know what Rylynn is going to do without her.

Carter and Jack are both our Cleveland babies and I can't believe how much they have both grown up. Jack is really tired in this picture and Carter is very serious. I think he was sad. He kept saying "Jack go bye bye" all day.

Rylynn got some lovin from Jack Jack before they took off:) We are so sad to see you go Poyfairs! We love you and can't wait to see you again at the fair this fall! Thanks for making our time here in Cleveland so fun.

3 comments:

Mom Marilynn said...

I love your new posts! What a sweet tribute to dear friends! Luckily you live in a day of email and blogs and you can stay close forever!

Garrett said...

I love you, Adam! I miss you dearly!

Carissa Poyfair said...

WE MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Every day I've heard from Olivia "I miss my friends Rylynn and Carter and Emma and Jaxson". We hope to see you guys soon!