I have sooooo much to blog about and never seem to have time to blog, so this is going to be the first of several updates. Last week was a VERY busy week at our house. During the craziness of Rylynn's birthday party, her family and school parties, Kindergarten registration and crazy days week at preschool, Carter decided to get potty trained!! Of course we are THRILLED and so proud of him, but it definitely added to the business of the week. Another milestone that I will document quickly is that Rylynn has her first loose tooth! This happened about a month ago (see I told you I was behind).
It is one of her little front bottom teeth that she almost ripped out when she was 7 months old. We figured these two would be the first to go due to the early trauma, but I honestly didn't believe her when she told me she had a loose tooth. Then she wiggled it for us and we were amazed! She's very excited about it.
Now onto the birthday. I felt so bad, but due to the timing of Kindergarten registration and her birthday, Rylynn had to get 5 Kindergarten shots on the morning of her birthday!! Nice present huh? She was so brave. I was so proud of her, but it was really sad cause she kind of limped the whole day of her birthday, and anytime we would get close to her legs, she would freak out and say, "careful of my shots!!" Seriously that girl has skin and bones on her thighs so they basically nicked the bone with each shot. Poor girl! Anyway, her birthday was on Thursday and they had a little party at school for her. At her preschool they do this thing for birthday where they light a candle in the middle of the circle-time rug (which represents the sun) and then the birthday child holds a globe and walks around the rug while the class sings a song about the earth going around the sun. Then they have them stop after each rotation and tell stories about them from each year they have been alive. 
The kids love hearing funny stories about each child and they loved hearing all about Rylynn. It was fun for me to think of the different stories from each year of her life. Then the birthday child gets to choose a special treat for snack time. Rylynn wanted me to make cinnamon rolls for her treat. They were a big hit!
That is one happy birthday girl!
Rylynn and Izabella
Carter was so excited that he was invited to the preschool party too and was loving the cinnamon rolls if you can't tell:) Rylynn's friends all thought Carter was a crack up at their little table!
After the special snack they got to have a little dancing time. Rylynn was loving it!
This picture cracks me up. I love the mid-air jump! Hilarious! Her birthday happened to fall on silly sock day at school so that is why she is wearing her crazy pokey socks (as she likes to call them).
After school, we had our little family party at Red Robin. The kids love this tradition! Rylynn got so many calls from family and tons of cards too which we opened at Red Robin. Rylynn racked up 41 dollars from aunts, uncles, grandmas, and great grandmas!! She was one lucky girl this year and she felt very loved by everyone. Thank you to all of our wonderful family!
This is Rylynn watching the waitresses sing Happy Birthday to her. She loves when they sing and especially when she gets to eat the free birthday sundae!
My darling 5 year old! I can't believe she is already 5. For some reason this birthday has been a really hard one for me. I think it is because Kindergarten registration was the same day as her birthday and it just hit me that my first baby is going to be leaving the little cacoon world that we have created for her and go out into the real world. Yeah, I'm kind of struggling with this one.
For Rylynn's birthday we bought her a big girl bike! She was in heaven. We gave it to her before we left for Red Robin and she rode around the cul-de-sac up until the second we left and even then we ended up going to dinner so late because she had to ride until it got dark. She is a pro and loves to cruise around everyday. Poor little Carter was so sad when she got her bike because about a month before we had told him that when he learned how to go potty in the toilet he could get a big boy bike. Well we didn't count on that happening so fast and the exact week of Rylynn's birthday, so he sort of had a melt down when he saw her bike. He kept saying, "I'm done going poops and potty in the toliet, so where is my bike?!!!" Needless to say we ordered it that night, but it has yet to arrive. He is trying to be patient:)
4 comments:
Happy birthday Rylynn! Happy ... potty training Cartchie! Send me cinnamon rolls Rach! Yeaaa!
I can't believe she is 5 already! Seriously, she was (and is) so small when we met you guys! LOVE the new bike, Olivia wants one but we're waiting for better weather so she can ride around on it.
Yeah for potty training! Isn't it so nice to only change one kid's diaper now? And yeah for loose teeth! I know a really good dentist... lol. Actually, their bottom two front teeth are usually the first to get loose. Olivia has lost both of hers now and the two permanent teeth are already growing in. I want to see pics when she finally loses it!
Sooooo adorable birthday pictures!! I love the socks, the jump, the bike helmet and knee pads and I totally relate to the heaviness in your heart about her turning 5! That is the beginning of the happiness and simultaneous sadness that is raising children. You won't believe how fast time flies until she is going to college!
Happy Birthday Rylynn! It is crazy how fast they grow up! Way to go Carter! I look forward to the day I get to only change one kids diaper! Good luck with the first day of Kindergarten! I have a feeling I am going to have a hard time when Kaleb turns 5 too!
Post a Comment