Monday, November 5, 2007

the moments that make it all worth it

So today Rylynn was playing with her "favorite friend" as she likes to call Olivia our neighbor and they were pretending to have a picnic with her pretend food as they often do. They were playing behind our big chair so she couldn't see me, but I was at the table and sort of listening to them play. They were doing a great job sharing their food and then Rylynn said in a worried voice, "We forgot to say a prayer", and then she started to say a prayer to bless her pretend food. It made me smile and it was one of those moments where your heart just hurts at how much you love your child. Those are the moments when you realize all your thankless work as a mother is paying off, and that it is all worth it!

On another note, Carter took five steps by himself today and he is so anxious to walk all around. He is a funny kid and he is very determined just like his sister:) He'll be running in no time.

3 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Cute story. Also, the Carrie Underwood song is her newest single. I think her new CD comes out either this week or next. I don't know why I am not just calling you (or walking to your door) with this info!

Jana said...

What?? Rylynn has replaced Lily as her best friend? I'm just kidding. What a sweet story. Unfortunately I don't think Lily would ever do that :) Maybe some day.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

That is such a cute story! How is old Carter, is he coming on a year here pretty soon?