Thursday, November 8, 2007

Our nightly routine





Our new favorite thing to do is sit around the fire at night as a family. Daddy will wear out the kids by playing with them right after dinner and then the kiddies take a bath together which they just love! While the kids are in the bath, Daddy comes out and builds our fire. When the kids get out of the bath they play together in Rylynn's room while we wrestle them to get jammies and diapers on. Then we all cuddle up by the fire to get warm. Every night Rylynn asks for hot cocoa by the fire which usually ends up all down the front of her jammies. We usually have to put Carter to bed soon after the fire is started since he is determined to climb in the fireplace. He is getting better though. We just love our family fires!

5 comments:

Jana said...

I am so excited that Rylynn has her binky in that picture! Lily still uses hers to sleep and it makes me feel better that you're in the same boat as me :)haha

Danielle said...

That fire sure looks nice and cozy!
I wish we could come and drink hot chocolate with you :O)

Carrie Anne said...

Love the blog! And I love that you have fires in the evenings...it's so cozy! Those are some really cute/funny stories about your kids. I just love them! Girls are hilarious and do come up with such funny things...you never know what they are absorbing until those tender moments which is so neat. IT looks like you guys are having so much fun, and I wish I was there so badly!!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

What a cute routine, love it!!! So opposite of us - we sit around fanning ourselves and trying not to turn our air on too high, so that our bill won't be astronomical... however, I love the heat! You guys are so cute. It tripped me out when I read "going on 6 years" - that is crazy! Can you believe it has been 6 years since we went to London! Holy Moly!!!

Alison Day said...

One of the FEW things I love about winter are the fires! Jaxson was so excited to walk out of the library the other day to see snow fluries because his dad promised him a fire the first time it snows. Where do you guys get your firewood? We need to find a cheap place to stay stocked up!