18. I love watching beautiful sunsets. Especially in tropical places, but anywhere will do.

19. I love watching my kids play in the snow. It brings back so many childhood memories.
20. I love sleeping! A couple nights ago Garrett and I were both up about 10 times with both kids and I felt like a zombie all day long. I have to say the biggest sacrifice for me when it comes to being a mother is giving up sleep. Garrett teases me that normal people need eight hours of sleep, but I need ten.

21. I love chatting for hours with my husband. We don't have a lot of time to do this these days, but on our date nights I get little flash backs of how we used to spend every minute talking together while we were dating.
22. Speaking of date nights, I love them!! We have a great group of friends that we do a date group with and we all take turns watching the kids. This has made a huge difference for Garrett and I this year to look forward to a little time together each week.
23. I love the scriptures! I set a challenge for myself in January to read the BOM again before my birthday (April 26th) and it has reminded me how much I love reading the BOM with a specific goal in mind. No wonder we are commanded to read everyday, there are so many things to learn and relearn.

24. I love American Idol! I know I am a huge nerd, but I get so excited for AI every year. I've even got Garrett loving it. We watch it together every tuesday, wed, and for now thursday. We love guessing what the judges are going to say and a lot of times we are right. We also enjoy making fun of Paula. Garrett likes to pretend to be Paula and use every weird adjective to describe people's performances. It is really funny. Carrie Underwood is definitely my fave idol:)

25. I LOVE traveling! I haven't been able to do this for quite a while, but before I got married I got to go on a semester abroad to London (actually while Garrett and I were engaged!). I have been to Italy, Greece, Austria, Hawaii, France, lots of fun places, and I can't wait to be able to travel with my husband and kids someday. I just love observing other cultures and contrasting them with my own culture. I think my favorite place I have been is Italy. This picture is from one of my favorite cities on the Amalfi coast in Italy called Ravello. I can't wait to go back with Garrett.

26. I love the mountains. I really miss the beautiful mountains in Provo. Garrett and I used to love driving through Provo canyon when we lived there. I never got tired of looking out our apt window and seeing the huge, majestic mountains in the background. Something about the mountains reminds me of the power and protection of God. I always felt safe surrounded by the mountains and I love to climb them and take in the beauty of this earth. My favorite time was driving through provo canyon in the fall when all the leaves are brilliant colors. Garrett proposed to me up in the mountains above sundance. It was in the winter and there was snow everywhere and the moon was so bright. I have so many great memories in the mountains. I can't wait to see them again soon.


27. I love dancing with my kids. This is a daily ritual these days. We turn on our kid songs and dance for while around my room. This always involves me throwing the kids in the air and landing on my bed. They love that part and it is a good work out for me! I wish I could describe the way Carter dances. It is the funniest thing I have ever seen. He smiles so big and then waves his arms around and shakes his little booty. It is great entertainment!
28. I love talking on the phone! Many of you who know me well, know that I love to talk! I seriously don't know what I would do without the phone. I love to talk to my mom and sisters and brothers (when they are in the country). I also love talking to my Dad, but he never can talk for too long. He always teases my mom and I because we can just talk for hours about everything. I also love talking to friends, especially those that live far away who I miss. I really think I would go crazy if I lived back when you could only write letters to people you didn't live by.

29. I just love my life. To sum up this wonderful month of love, I just have to say that I love my life. I love the people in my life, I love where I live, I love being a mom, I just love finding joy in everyday of my life. Thank you all for being a part of my life and giving me things to love! Happy February everyone!
11 comments:
Love the list! We are more in common than I knew! :) Looks like Pheonix was fun...and sunny!! Sounds like you have an amazing, fun family. Your hair is adorable!
I think that was an awesome idea to do the things you love for the entire month...it's like counting all of your blessings...not boring in the least bit!
I think we've talked before about our shared love for sleep. I think Eric thinks I'm abnormal, so I need him to read this post :) We love American Idol too...do you watch Lost?
Jana, we love LOST! We watch Lost, American Idol, and the Office. I am so sick of this writers strike thing. I can't wait for office to come back. Only a couple more weeks!
It is sad that February is over. I think there is no greater way to live in the present and be happy than to be grateful and reminded of the simple things in life that bring you joy! It is a great secret to a happy life no matter what your circumstances are! I could pretty much say ditto to all your loves except I need to jump on the American Idol bandwagon! When is it on?
That list is great - especially the part about Paula Abdul. Rachel, you're just a shooting moon beam that is...firing on all cylinders and just going...you just go like there's no tomorrow and just soak in all of the beautiful, rhythmic energy that is emanating illustriously from your glorious monumental aura of preciousness and your sweet smile is like sunshine on a mossy rock that makes it grow - the moss, not the rock - grow into a powerful building that stands tall and shouts out "I am a force and I'm going to go for the glory - the gold - and nothing is going to get in my way because I am just going to charge forth...into...unchartered territory and I'm going to chart it!" So, keep it up because this is the beginning of everything great and you just need to let your shining wonderfulness show forth for everyone to see and be inspired by in this historic...transcendent...insatiable...your remarkable talent...you've got stars in your eyes...live it up...indubitably truthful....................
Hi Rach...It's Sarah Tate. So fun to stumble onto your blog! Darling kiddos.
Garrett, your comment makes absolutely no sense, but it still made me laugh. Anyway, I too love American Idol and sleeping. I look forward to Sunday mornings when I can sleep in! I loved reading your list this last month.
That is so funny- those are the exact same shows we watch!
Garrett- that is a true talent to be able to ramble like Paula Abdul. I've never known anyone else that could string so many senseless phrases together. You should be proud.
Rach- loved the list. You are such a cutie. Yeah - bummer about not being able to meet up when you were in town, but if you end up coming back out, we will have to try to get together somehow - if not, for sure when we go to Utah this summer. I love the pic's from AZ, especially the cousin bath pic - I mean, seriously- EVERYONE has to have that pic with their siblings and cousin! I miss you - it will be so fun to finally meet up and be able to see you and gare and your darling kids!
Garrett, I have to say I am very impressed with the Paula impersonation! Although, you may have given Paula a little too much credit with the adjectives. The last American Idol I saw, "colorful" was the best she could come up with. "You just have so many colors; really you're amazingly colorful...like a rainbow."
Post a Comment